Sunday, January 29, 2023
Fresh, salty, and soft! What a great combination of flavors it is! It is exactly what oysters taste like. Once you fall in love with this unique combo of flavors, there is no going back. Some people travel around the world for the love of oysters ticking off the oyster types on their list. If you are looking for another oyster adventure, the Lowcountry oyster festival is the best option you’ve got in 2023. There will be more than 60, 000 pounds of oysters to please your cravings and I do not think any oyster lover wants to skip the world’s largest oyster festival.
Lowcountry Oyster Festival comes in with all sorts of fun including live music on the main stage, an array of good wine, a range of domestic and imported beers, a play area for children, and a food court to serve the food cravings that go beyond oysters and seafood. And of course, the festival includes raw oyster eating and shucking contest. The local restaurants loved by the people of the area will also be there to showcase their culinary capabilities to the thousands of tourists participating in the Lowcountry oyster festival.
Below is all you need to know if you are planning to shuck some oysters and have fun at the low country oyster festival in 2023.
29th of January 2023- Sunday
From 10.00 am to 5.00 pm@ 1235 Long Point Road, Mount Pleasant, SC, USA
2. Purpose of the Lowcountry Oyster Festival
The Charleston Restaurant Foundation (CRF) organize the Lowcountry oyster festival with a mission and it is aiming to assist the charity works of the Lowcountry Hospitality Association. This association is committed to serving the geographical area of Charleston, South Carolina. It highlights the importance of providing the local restaurants with the required resources as they represent the local culinary skills to the tourists who visit the Lowcountry.
The CRF raises funds annually as an act of showing gratitude to the local community who supported their success throughout the year. Over the years, the CRF has been able to donate over one million dollars ($1,000,000) to good courses that ensured the development of Lowcountry and its citizens.
Rain or shine event
*Special note this year’s festival is cashless. During the whole event, all the visitors will have to purchase food and beverage tickets using a credit/ debit card at satellite ticket tents.
General Admission: $22
- You can purchase the general tickets online or from the visitor centers
- Children 10 and under can enter without a charge when accompanied by an adult general admission ticket. It covers only the entry into the event.
- The general admission ticket allows you to enter the festival premises. You have to purchase food, beverages and other items using a debit card or a credit card as cash transactions are not facilitated in Lowcountry Oyster Festival.
VIP (for visitors 21 & Over)
VIP package – $175.
- Please consider that a limited number of VIP tickets are available.
- VIP package sells out fast and if you are willing to purchase one of them, reserve your ticket as soon as possible.
- In this exclusive VIP at the Lowcountry oyster festival, you will have the access to never-ending loads of oysters, other food, and plenty of beverages.
- Seating and tables are included in the VIP package.
- The VIP section allows you to access its own collection of unlimited food. There will be delicacies such as steamed oysters to fill up yourself until it feels enough,
- You need to use a debit card or a credit card to purchase food that is not included in the VIP package. Please remember that this is a cashless event.
Oysters are our favorite but we do not say no to other foods either. Therefore In addition to fresh oysters, many other food varieties will be sold by the vendors on the festival premises. The price of these food items will be ranged from $2-$12.
- Foldable Chairs
- Oyster Knives and Gloves
- Outside Food and Beverages
- Foldable Tables
Oyster knives and gloves will be available for purchase at the festival ground.
There are two entrances established for your convenience.
The Main Entrance of the Lowcountry Oyster Festivals is located at 1235 Long Point Road. The Hwy 17 Entrance is located at 2330 US Highway 17. If you are planning on using Uber, Lyft, or taxi it is recommended to use the Main Entrance.
The Lowcountry Oyster Festival committee has published a recommended list of lodges for the tourists who visit Lowcountry for the Oyster Festival from distance. Click here to see the recommended list of lodges.
FAQs on Lowcountry Oyster Festival 2023
How much does the admission fee cost and what does it include?
GENERAL ( free for kids 10 and under)$23.00
General tickets grant you access to the event and after you enter the event you have to purchase food and drink tickets separately with your credit or debit card. Since this event is cashless.
VIP (for visitors 21 & Over)
VIP tickets are always a sellout so buy your tickets early. The VIP ticket includes access to unlimited food including steamed oysters and drinks under the tent. Food that is not included in the VIP zone will have to purchase separately using your credit or debit card.
What am I allowed to bring inside the festival ground?
Oyster Knives and Gloves
Outside Food and Beverages
Is the event rain or shine?
The festival will be rain or shine! Come and enjoy regardless of the weather!
How much does the food cost?
Food items are available to purchase from various vendors. They will range from $2-$12
A bucket of steamed oysters will be at market price.
One bucket has around 2 ½ dozen oysters.
You need to purchase food and drink tickets to buy oyster buckets.
How long is the event?
The festival gates open at 10.00 am and close at 5.00 pm
Is there a cost for parking?
No parking fees. Attendance will guide you to a parking spot. Handicap parking is available around the festival ground. Please note that preferred parking is NOT allowed.